What is it?Completed staffwork is the total analysis and preparation of a task, opportunity, or problem by a person/team so that after their presentation of the solution all that remains to be done by the next level of management is to agree the action/solution proposed.
When to use it
- When quality improvement teams, or individuals are collecting data, preparing reports, or presentation.
- When making a case for resources.
- Staff-work, preparing and follow-up for Quality Council
- To professionally manage the staff-work for board meetings, committees and other meetings.
What does it achieve?Completed staff-work is designed to help managers and staff carry out their work effectively and efficiently. Completed staff-work can be used in producing written and verbal reports or presentations, establishing a new procedure or process, the evaluation of costs and benefits, initiating action and in the decision making process. Once learned the principle of Completed Staffwork can be usefully applied to any activity.
- Be clear on what you are about to do.
- Are you addressing the right person?
- Consultation with those directly involved and indirectly involved.
- Are you communication in the right way?
- Make actionable points clear.
- Be brief and to the point.
- Keep your boss and anyone else involved informed.
- Follow up agreed action points.
- Meeting customer requirements.
- Review the statement of requirements frequently.